About the Awards Gala
Ontario’s career college sector has played an essential role in postsecondary education and career training for over 147 years. After considerable growth, career colleges now train approximately 92,000 Ontarians every year. Many career college graduates go on to accomplish great things in their careers and their communities. It’s time to recognize those graduates and the hard-working instructors who helped get them to where they are today.
Award recipients will be honoured during the conference dinner gala on Thursday, June 15th at 7pm.
Nominees in the Excellence in Teaching category have put forth extraordinary efforts in their particular field of teaching while at a registered career college that is a CCO member in good standing. The nominees have strived to continually build positive relationships with their students and positively contribute to their community.
Nominees in the Outstanding Graduate categories have clearly demonstrated their academic excellence while enrolled at a registered career college that is a CCO member in good standing. They have achieved outstanding accomplishments while employed in their career field and have made invaluable contributions to their community.
Awards for Outstanding Graduates are presented in each of the following categories:
- Applied Arts
- Business/Business Administration & Management
- Health Services
- Human Services
- Information Technology/Electronics
The award categories reflect the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development's registration of vocational programs.
- Nominees for the Excellence in Teaching Award must be employed by a CCO member career college that is in good standing and registered with the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
- Nominees for the Outstanding Graduate categories must have studied and graduated from a CCO member career college that is in good standing and registered with the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
- Graduates must have completed their program at a career college within the past 5 years.
- Individuals that are nominated for NACC’s Instructor or Graduate of the Year Award are eligible to submit a nomination to CCO’s Outstanding Graduate Award.